I seriously can’t believe that I’m already 21. It feels as if I’ve been waiting for this birthday since I was handed my first glass of champagne on New Year’s Eve followed by “you can’t drink this because you aren’t of age, but just hold it in your hand and pretend.” I know, I know. Everyone always says that turning 21 isn’t a big deal. But, living in Miami you really can’t get in anywhere on the weekends without being of age! I’ve learned so much in my short 21 years of life and, especially over this past year, I’ve learned to be thankful and never take anything for granted! I wanted to post something special today for my birthday so I wore my “Lauren” Tulle Skirt, which happens to be my first ever Bliss Tulle skirt and is actually named after me! What better way to celebrate? I paired it with my tweed top that I’ll be wearing this Saturday for my birthday dinner (with different bottoms) and a pop of color in my favorite heels.
I have to say, I must thank my fabulous mother for allowing me to borrow her vintage Chanel, that I’m officially in love with and want to steal from her closet. It was the perfect addition to my ensemble and actually fits a lot more in it than it seems! And, for the first time in 2015 (drumroll, please…) I added some glam with my HM Willow bracelets.
Before I go… two things! You can get 10% off your purchase of any Bliss Tulle skirt by entering the code ‘TFD10’ – this code expires in one week so make sure to use it quickly! I wear my tulle skirts whenever I have an event or party and they are always a hit. 🙂
Also, I wanted to leave you with five things I learned this past year…hopefully you can learn from my experiences and leave some things you’ve learned in the past year in the comments below! I would love to read them.
1. Give everyone you meet a chance. While they may look intimidating, rude or ‘not your type’ on the outside, they could be an amazing addition to your life, as well as a blessing.
2. Take every bad experience as a lesson learned. Don’t dwell on it because it won’t get you anywhere. Get up, get going, do and be better than what has happened to you. You are not your experiences. You are how you choose to react afterwards!
3. Keep those who are by your side really close to you. Chances are, when things get tough, they’ll be the only ones there.
4. Have fun! Many say ‘you only live once,’ but in reality, you live every single day. Make it count!
5. Don’t bad mouth people. It doesn’t make you a better person and it doesn’t make them happy. If you don’t like someone, there are so many people in this world… just avoid them! Rise above it.
Anyways, I’m going to be popping some bubbly and enjoying time with my family and friends today. Thank you for all the support throughout the past year and I can’t wait to see what’s next!