Happy Friday! It’s time for another Friday Edit! I hope you guys enjoyed the first post of this series and I’m really excited for today’s post because…. the NORDSTROM SALE opened up to everyone! I mean, if I had a dollar for every blogger who mentioned the sale, I’d be rich, right? But that’s because it’s that good of a sale. I don’t have a good selfie mirror at all in my apartment in NYC, but I’m going to explain each item I’ve gotten so far and what I think. Then, I’ll go over some pieces I really want and am dying for! Also, make sure to check THIS and THIS post for my past Nordstrom sale roundups! Also, check HERE for outfits I’ve posted.
Also, please scroll to the end, as I’m getting a little personal with you all today… <3
For the clothes, I won’t go into EVERY single piece that I got… but I will go over a few and talk about sizing/what I think!
- THIS dress is actually the best. I got it in black and it’s perfect! It runs big, so size down. I got an XS. The length is perfect and I love the bell sleeves and the cutout back. It seriously is the perfect dress. You can also wear it in the fall with booties!
- Obsessed with THIS sweater. It’s so cozy and not itchy at all. Probably one of my favorite purchases!
- I got this jacket in the tan/brown color. But the burgundy is gorgeous! Check back because they could possibly restock. I got a size small but wish I had sized up to a medium!
- Holy softness! THIS pullover is amazing!! I can’t even explain how soft it is. It will look so cute with a plaid scarf, too! I got a size small.
- I heard great things about THESE leggings and love that they are high-waisted. I have yet to get them in but know I will love them.
- This color is so rich and I can’t wait to wear this sweater with leggings and boots!
- THIS gorgeous top is perfect for date night and so flattering! Runs true to size.
- I got THIS tee in so many colors in both small and medium… I personally like sizing up, better!
- I absolutely love THIS. I got the small but it actually runs pretty big. I might get the XS instead for a more fitted look!
- THIS dress is a wear-now option. It will look so cute with a faux leather jacket come fall, though… so make sure to pick up THIS one! I got it last year during the sale and it’s still one of my favorites…
Click to shop my beauty favorites!
I haven’t really gotten personal on the blog in a while. I knew this was something I wanted to focus on more in 2016, but somehow it slipped my mind. Well, more than halfway through the year and I’m finally doing it. Better late than never, right?
As I’m sitting on the plane heading back to NYC, I have so many thoughts running through my mind. Have you ever felt like your heart is in two different places? That’s exactly how I feel right now. As I was leaving home (Miami) this morning, I had this pain in my stomach that I couldn’t ignore. Saying bye to my Chihuahua (aka, the love of my life), giving my mom a huge hug and bidding farewell to my comfortable bed and blackout shades is never easy. But, then there’s this undeniable excitement to head back to the Big Apple where I know I’m happiest and thrive the most. I think what hit me was that, for now, Miami is still home.
But, now more than ever, it feels everything BUT that. I went home this past week because I got pretty sick and, while I never expect a pity party and didn’t really reveal that I was sick on Snapchat, I was expecting a few texts from my Miami “friends” once they knew I was back in town. But, nope – not one. And I try to pretend it’s okay and shake it off. But there’s this pain in my stomach knowing that in a little over two weeks, I’ll be back in Miami getting ready to finish my last semester at UM. This should be such an exciting time in my life. I’m finally completing my education, getting ready to move on, but all I can think about is “I can’t believe I have to be in this place for another four months.” Miami has been home to me for 18+ years. My family is in Miami, many of my memories are in Miami (both really good and really bad) and it’s all I’ve known for the most of my life. But have you ever felt so alone in your own home? There are millions of people in Miami, yet I feel alone. I left Miami today relieved and sad. Relieved because I was returning to the city that pushes me to be better, do better and feel better. But sad because I was leaving my family and dogs.
I know it’s not healthy to go to bed listening to “Fix You” by Coldplay almost every night. I know it’s not healthy to be so unhappy in your own home. But I guess where I’m conflicted is knowing that I still have to be here until January, at the earliest. While I know so many great things lie ahead, they seem so far away.
I should be grateful for the opportunity blessing I have been given to be able to attend such a great university. I should be praying to God every night thanking Him for giving me the greatest family (which I do). But, instead, I just think about the loneliness. Sometimes, it just inundates me and I can’t think of the blessings. And I feel guilty for that. And then there are those moments where I think about how, in just four months, I will be free to embark on a new journey that I know will bring me happiness and success.
I guess one of the points of me writing this post is to tell you that, if you feel lonely, you are not alone. But life is so precious and I am trying to teach myself to be happy with what I have and be thankful for where I am right now. I may not have the best of friends in Miami or really go out much, but I know that God is just preparing me for the amazing adventures that lie ahead. I know I may be a little lost right now, but I will find my way.
“The secret of being happy is accepting where you are in life and making the most out of everyday.”
Have a great weekend, everyone. Thanks so much for stopping by! Happy shopping at the Nordstrom Sale and thank you for your support all of the time! xo