Happy one year to The Fashionista’s Diary! I honestly can’t even believe it’s been one year already. I feel as if it’s gone by so fast! From great friendships, to lessons learned, I’ve grown so much as both a blogger and person and am so grateful for all of the opportunities I’ve been presented with. When I first started, I never imagined I could inspire and impact so many people. I also never thought that I would be able to succeed! I guess I was always nervous. But I am beyond thrilled, blessed and thankful to every person who has made this little web space of mine flourish. I wanted to specifically thank my dad, for always taking amazing photos for my blog. It’s become our form of bonding and am really happy we’ve found something to do together on a weekly basis (not sure if he’s as happy about it, hehe). I’m also so thankful for my mom, who is my little assistant that I love so much! And one person, who isn’t family, but might as well should be… my illustrator Holly of H. Nichols Illustration.
Funny story about her. Her and I actually started our friendship by exchanging emails last February. We planned to work together then decided to start texting and she is not only the most talented individual I know, but she’s one of the greatest friends I am now blessed to have. She’s so so good at what she does and I’m one of the lucky girls who gets an illustration out of the blue and we have such a blast working and growing together.
Anyways, I wanted to share with you all a few things I’ve learned as a blogger…
1. Never take anything people say too seriously. Haters gonna hate! People who are mean and spiteful are only reflecting how they feel about themselves. It’s not you, it’s them!
2. Be nice to everyone. You never know who they know, what they’ve been through, or what opportunities they may have up their sleeve for you!
3. Always answer your emails! Not only is this respectful, but it’s just a nice thing to do.
4. Stay engaged with your followers. They are the reason you are able to do what you’re doing.
5. DO NOT compare yourself to others! I am 100% guilty of doing this and am working on stopping. Everyone is different and everyone grows at a different pace!
6. Have fun and always be true to yourself.
If you haven’t noticed (for the newer followers), this post mimics my first ever blog post, which you can view here. It was so fun to kind of recreate the outfit, but it was even cooler to see how much I’ve changed this past year.
Thank you so much to everyone who has followed along and I hope you continue to follow and support The Fashionista’s Diary! I love you all. 🙂
My dress is from The Butik, my balloon is from Etsy and the amazing props (I’m going to take more pictures of them this weekend so you can truly see and appreciate them… it was so windy outside that they were actually flying away!) are from my beautiful friend over at Luna Wishes Studio. This is an up and coming paper + party studio that you will want to follow and purchase from! Her customer service, quality of products and item selection are out of this world. Make sure to scroll all the way down, where I have an illustration Holly drew for my one year bloggiversary. And happy Friday!
Luna Wishes Studio Props
H. Nichols Illustration for TFD One Year BloggiversaryJanuary 2014 | January 2015