Happy Wednesday! If you’ve followed me for a while, you know I’ve had a lot of ups and downs lately. Between moving back to Miami from NY, to job searching, to not having the best of friends in Miami, I’ve decided to change my perspective on things and focus on those aspects that make my day a good one. So, I wanted to share with you 5 tips to have a good day! These are things that work for me and I’d love to know what works for you! It’s so important to always remember that not everyday is good but there’s something good in every day.
1. Start off the day with a glass of water and your journal. Use the journal as your way to write out your expectations, goals or aspirations for the day. For me, I want to start writing three things I want to accomplish that day. Keep in mind that this can be as simple as “get to the grocery store” or “grab a healthy lunch” but just write them down! Throughout the day, as you feel yourself getting through your 3 goals of the day, you’ll feel accomplished and so much better about yourself. You could even write something like “do a favor for a stranger today” and that way you’ll not only brighten your day, but someone else’s as well!
2. Read a little bit of your favorite book. Whether it’s in the morning or before bed, grab your favorite book and read at least a chapter. My sister got me “You Are A Badass” and I love to read it to feel inspired and as if I can accomplish anything and everything. I also love reading romance novels (anything Nicholas Sparks) and for those few minutes, hour or even hours that I’m reading, I forget about anything else going on in my life. Allow yourself to escape for a little bit.
3. Speaking of escaping, go to the gym! For me, my new favorite workout is Orange Theory. I absolutely love it and for that one hour I forget about any problems in my life. Not only that, but I also feel so great about myself afterwards. I thank myself every time I go because I’m doing a favor to my body and to my health. Allow yourself to get in the zone, whether it’s for 30 minutes or an hour, and do your favorite workout.
4. Always put on makeup! This is something I’m working on. But, I find that when I put on makeup, I feel better about myself that day. I don’t like to leave the house without makeup so putting on some of my favorite products in the beginning of the day gives me that extra push I need just in case someone texts me to get lunch or coffee (aka my sister or mom). Also, if you feel pretty when you put on makeup, why not put it on?! You don’t have to do it for anyone else but yourself.
5. Talk on the phone to someone who makes you happy some time throughout the day. When I lived in NY, I always called my mom on the walk home from work and told her about my day. Talking to someone you love (whether it’s a best friend, boyfriend or your mom or dad), can brighten your day and help you release any extra stress. Sometimes I’ll call my sister or go over and just hang out with her for an hour or so and it really makes a difference in my day and my overall mood.
What are your tips to have a good day? Let me know in the comments below! Thank you so much for stopping by! Hope you have a good day. xx
Shop my bedroom furniture here: